The first settlement in Ogden was in 1846 by Trapper Miles Goodyear at a trading post named Fort Buenaventura. It was purchased in 1847 by Mormon settlers and renamed "Brownsville."
The name was later changed to Ogden, named after Peter Skene Ogden from the Hudson Bay Fur Trapping Company. When the railroad arrived in 1869, Ogden became the "junction" of the railroad lines because passengers had to switch trains in Ogden in order to continue their journey.
Ogden City Landmarks Commission and the Weber Heritage Foundation hosts an annual Scavenger Hunt every May to celebrate National Preservation Week.
The Scavenger Hunt is a contest to increase awareness of the beautiful historic structures in Ogden City.